> 3. The program Wolfgang provided. This will then regularly check the
> accounting thing to know if something needs to be printed. If there is,
> then it goes ahead and prints stuff. If a new print job arrives for a
> printer which is already being printed on, the job is delayed (this
> would probably best be handled by the accounting thing too).
I haven't yet tried Wolfgang's program so I may be totally out of sync and
making no sense here, but I'll contribute this:

In the absence of a 'device driver' solution...

Assuming it's a filter program which for example copies the file printed to
ram1_ to a chosen printer...

1. Reserved filename, say "ram1_prtfile_dat" or similar. (Would allow printer
drivers to be configured to this filename if this is the only printing method
available)

2. A job runs which checks for a new file of this name (check for file existing
of that name and it's last known date printed).

3. When filename exists with a date which hasn't been printed before, print it.
Make sure that the job which sends it to the filter keeps it open or some means
of preventing the file being changed (i.e. "in use") until it's all been sent
to the printer. Contention avoided.

Finally, as I haven't been using your program, Wolfgang, does it require the
full Prowess (which I don't use) or just Proforma?