Just a thought Wolfgang et al....

If a printer is connected to the parallel port and we use a PFF_USE 'PAR' command, how do we get the Proforma to send the output to the printer?? PAR_USE 'SER' maybe......

I guess the other option would be to use custom PAR, PRT and SER drivers for use with the filter system which would be slightly renamed to prevent any confusion, say P1R, S1R and P1T. This would allow the user to set PFF_USE SER for use within their programs and still be able to print directly to a printer (if they dare) using OPEN #3,S1R.

Not sure if we can replace the SER and PAR drivers on a QDOS based QL though - can we??

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/