On  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 at 18:36:52, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>There's a shop in Bangor called Quantum Leap Tattooing (how do you
>spell that last word???). Wonder if I asked them to tattoo a QL on me
>if they'd know what I meant???
Reminds me of the advert seen in a tattoo shop in Oldham:
"Tattoos while you wait"

>There's a village near Oswestry called Quinta (not sure of the
>spelling, I remember it's one letter different to Quanta)
Not quite - it is a Christian centre near Oswestry:
http://www.touchshrewsbury.com/comdir/cditem.cfm/2658

There are endless quanta sites, with our Quanta nowhere to be seen:

Aurora Quanta (photos)
Amazingly nothing to do with the QL!
http://www.auroraquanta.com/

Web development tool:
http://quanta.sourceforge.net/

Science fiction mag:
http://www.etext.org/Zines/Quanta/

Video capture cards:
http://www.quantacorp.com/

Share dealing:
http://www.quantaservices.com/

Computer manufacturer:
http://www.quantatw.com/

3D modelling:
http://www.accelrys.com/quanta/

networking toolkit:
http://www.evl.uic.edu/cavern/quanta/

Job seeking:
http://us.quanta.com/quanta/0102.asp

IT training:
http://www.quanta.co.uk/

ahha on the third page, -the- questionnaire:
"Quanta 2004 Membership Questionnaire (online form). Quanta 2004
Membership Questionnaire (txt). Quanta 2004 Membership Questionnaire
(pdf)."

We now have about 90 replies.

It looks like the Quanta site needs to do more work on getting a better
text area at the top of the site.  It is vital that search engines pick
up text that summarises the site in as few words as possible.
This search engine snippet is totally useless - it doesn't even mention
Sinclair or QL.

Mine comes up much more relevantly:
"TF Services. Sinclair QL support. Tony Firshman's Home Page. December
5, 2004.
This page holds details of/links to current TF Services ... "

http://www.quanta.co.uk/

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk