Personally I would like someone to add on a 3D sculptured look to the QDT windows - which are essentially flat at present. Then the 'eye candy' appeal will be even greater.

Scheduled is a finish to implementation of full color palettes and themes, which will include more of the 3D look that Marcel has so nicely implemented in WMAN (SMSQ/E). Also, some time during the upcoming year you will have Marcel's alpha blending in the Icons plus folder and desktop graphics backgrounds.

Lots of neat stuff on the way.

If case anyone is curious, the upcoming release is/will be ready for normal use. For anyone who buys it, there will be upgrades at no charge throughout 2005 as the additional capabilities/tuning are added.

For that you probably have to change the system palette a bit. Marcel has a nice set of two (or more now?) basic files that will do that for you

QDT is not yet set to use the system palette (had some difficulties with that part of the implementation so put it aside for an upgrade once the basic stuff is finished. QDT at this point is using its default color palette. There will be many options (take a look in the Desktop Configuration notebook to give you some idea - hooks are there, just fish on them yet (sorry - it is very late for me over here :) ).

The latest IMac interface makes yet another step forward with its use of transparency and translucency.

You mean of course Aqua and OSX :-)

Which you Jim will know all about :-)

Yes, but I won't be going quite that far with QDT. After all I am one person plus the help of a few on a fairly old OS while Apple has the latest hardware and tons of programmers :)

Wait until he shows you that mucho cool task switcher that Apple has (simple wow... I was so jealous I nearly drilled his head ;-) hehe

Actually, you did start the drill if I recall. Luckily there was nothing to leak out.

Cheers,
jim