On  Mon, 3 Jan 2005 at 16:25:57, Dave P wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, James Hunkins wrote:
>
>> By the way, in case you are curious, on my website, the email addresses
>> are shown in graphics format and the links are done through encrypted
>> java code.  Just to let you know how serious I am about trying to block
>> my business addresses from spam robots.
>
>The archiving of this list on www.mail-archive.org
... but that link fails!
> seems to be the biggest
>originator of spam for me. I only use this email for this list, and it
>gets by far the most spam in variety and quantity.
The archive I saw for this list removed literal emails, but it wasn't
the above.

It is easy to forget, but of course we should obfuscate email addresses
always.  I regularly search for my literal address via google and
contact people quoting my address.  Clearly a bit late then, but I have
managed to reduce literal quoting to almost zero now.

Amazingly it now only comes up with -my- site, but I can't find a
literal mention anywhere (grep in my local system) - weird.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk