:) That story sounds all too true. I have actually seen some very fast Java but unfortunately, that is more the exception than the norm. It is very easy to program poor Java code and it can bog down big time. The nice thing with C is that it tends to enforce proper use of structures and better programming habits. Java leaves it up to the individual programmer and software architect to know what they are doing - not always a good idea (to be nice).

Cheers,
jim