On Apr 22, 2005, at 4:55 AM, Dilwyn Jones wrote:

On the other hand, while the money will never, ever compensate for the
time or energy, it does show me that people respect the work and are
interested in it. If no one was willing to pay what I consider to be a
very underpriced cost for QDT, I would read it as no one appreciated
the work being done. Therefore, it would not happen and further
development would definitely not happen.
You have to be careful - if people perceive one program as costing more than the operating system it runs on they may not understand the reasons.

I would be happy to raise the price of QDT if that would make anyone more comfortable :)

Actually, am considering this for later, simply because QDT is relatively very underpriced. But if I do, it will be pre-announced to allow anyone waiting to buy before it would happen.

The pricing was initially set to encourage people to buy it and give it a go. However, in review against other QL modern software prices and further comparison to PC type software prices, it really does feel very underpriced to me.

jim