In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Derek Stewart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>What about the QL users who do not use a PC, have no access to USB,.
>
>There was a comment at the Birmingham Workshop, the Quanta members were
>going to be given this system.
>
>I was also told that not every one wants a emulator... my feeling was
>that since I have emulators and hardware QLs, then everyone should.
This is route we have been down more than once, of course. There is
nothing wrong with using native hardware and also using a PC system. You
do get the benefit of both sides. PCs - and indeed laptops - are now so
cheap that most people can afford them and most of the users of more
advanced years - that is most of us - are likely to have systems passed
on from younger members of their family. (Of course for some of us we
are IT support for our family but that is another story).
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB