----- Original Message ----- From: "Dilwyn Jones" <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "QL-Users list" <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Quanta magazine - Volume 25, Issue 6

Geoff Wicks wrote:

Actually, in the months I've been on the committee I've started to
appreciate how much work goes on that as a member I hadn't previously
realised.

I gave praise to John Gilpin in particular, but everyone on the committee
works very hard and everyone is very commtted in what they do.

For all the criticisms I make of the Quanta committee I have to agree with this. We have one of the most hardworking committees that Quanta has ever had and their work is unappreciated by the members.

Another major rankle. As secretary Sarah Gilpin has vastly improved the record keeping of the organisation. At two AGM's running I have proposed a vote of thanks to her. Not one person at either meeting backed me up.

Then why am I critical of the committee? Because they have also been probably the most authoritarian, autocratic and dishonest officers that Quanta has ever had,

Best wishes,

Geoff