From: Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk>
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Sent: Friday, 13 November, 2009 23:24:04
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] aurora display

arnold.cla...@talk21.com wrote, On 13/11/09 19:28:
> Hi,
>        I believe my Qubide chips are not working as they should. At first I
>copied my master floppy disk to improve matters and as things didn't improve I
>assumed my master  disk was faulty; but I now realize my master floppy is ok.
>Its the chips.
> Where can I get replacement chips?

Have you cleaned the chips legs?
You cannot replace them randomly and hope for the best.
If you need qubide checked out, I would recommend sending it to someone who has
a working qubide. Rich, can you help?

I guess you didn't see see my previous email?  Are you using Qplane?
If so then I found that was unreliable with Qubide.  I had to keep Qubide
nearest the QL, or even hang SGC on the through connector.
All has been fine (for a decade now) with Mplane.

Tony

-- QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
      t...@firshman.co.uk    http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254
Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman