On 31/03/2010 18:39, Norman Dunbar wrote:
On 31/03/10 17:59, Rich Mellor wrote:

I would prefer bottom quoting - that is the default in Thunderbird!
If I may offer an opinion too...

If we choose the "standard" bottom posting then we can read the salient
points of the conversation from the top downwards - like reading a
newspaper or book etc.

Mind you, that does rather depend on people trimming out all the cruft
and leaving only the salient points!

I'm Thunderbird too.

(Well, I'm not a big green thing with small stubby wings, but you get my
drift!)

Cheers,
Norman.
07:32:00

OK, since I also use Thunderbird, I have no wish to have flames coming from Tony. Then it at the bottom we quote.

However on saying that the default quoting can be changed in the Thunderbird options.

Derek