On 31/03/2010 17:55, Tony Firshman wrote:
Derek Stewart wrote, On 31/03/10 17:37:
I did not have a vote in this decision, in my opinion, the text should be at the top and quoting at the bottom.
(8-)#

We have to choose one only and my vote (along with the *whole* of usenet) is for bottom posting (with quoted text at the top).
In fact one gets flamed on usenet for bottom quoting.

This also adds the benefit of making judicious editing feasible.

However the main reason for needed top quoting is that it is very very hard to pick up a thread if you did not start at the beginning.

We must choose one, and top quoting, in fact, seems more common here.

I too prefer top-posted messages as I rarely look at the quotes, having usually seen them earlier in their original messages, but will endeavour to follow the majority when using a particular group.

Most people with whom I exchange emails top-post. This group comes through my email account rather than my Usenet account so there will always be a chance I'll forget.
--
Regards,

Stephen