Hi Norman,

My Articles in QL Toady are a mystery to me. Not that I don't know what
I'm writing (well, most of the time I do!) but the lack of feedback from
almost everyone in the entire world - I sometimes feel that I'm writing
for three people - Me, George and a chap called Hugh Rooms who called me
to task some time back and made a contribution to the Assembly series.
It is at least for FOUR people - I read it when I lay it out and enjoy
reading it, by the way :-)

Every time I ask for feedback, the silence is deafening.
It is generally very hard to get feedback, and it was already hard 10 years ago.

One last point, no-one makes money from the QL any more do they? It's a
hobby now, that's all.
I would think so too. I enjoy doing the magazine and hope to add my share to keep the QL scene alive... as you will be able to see when the new issue will arrive (all posted, so you should have it sooner or later ... except from the visitors of the Vienna show who got it personally delivered), I have not raised the price, and added extra pages as well. Fewer subscribers mean, the costs per issue increase - the amount of time I have to spend remains the same.
And yes, it's a hobby for me too. I still think QL Today is a kind of
"glue" which keeps us QLers together.
I am sorry I cannot pay for the articles, and I am sorry I don't earn
money from the QL anymore (when I did many, many years ago, it was a rather more enjoyable time than it is now in some cases, but money has to come in somehow...) ... and the advertisers merely pay and paid in the past years for the copying costs of their advertising page (nothing to earn there too).

And, as Marcel wrote to Rich's mail - I also feel when I put things about my own products into Wikis, it could be regarded as self-advertising.

Cheers   Jochen

--
Jochen Merz Software - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Str. 302 - D-47169 Duisburg
   Tel. +49-(0)203-502011      Fax +49-(0)203-502012