From: "Rich Mellor" <r...@rwapservices.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 2:26 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] The QL Future

Hmm - I have 523 on my list in the UK (all with email addresses)

Rich has told us he has a list of 523 UK QL-ers and we also know how many UK Quanta members and how many UK QL Today readers there are. A little bit of arithmetic suggests the UK community is very different from how we envisage it.

Suppose we took Rich's list and removed from it all the Quanta members. We then went through it a second time and removed all the remaining QL Today readers. Finally we go through it a third time removing all the remaining subscribers to this list. After these three operations we have removed far less than half of the names on this list.

In other words if we divided the UK QL community into two groups that we could call the "organised group" and the "non-organised group", the non-organised group would be the larger of the two. It sounds almost unbelievable but the majority of UK QL-ers have no need for Quanta, QL Today or this list.

In the organised group we have very little knowledge of the people in the non-organised group and little desire to learn about them. There is a large part of the QL universe that is ripe for exploration.

Now three questions to think about:

1: Suppose someone from the non-organised group visited two QL websites - Dilwyn's and Quanta's. To which of the two websites would he be the more likely to return and why?

2: A couple of years ago two UK traders ceased active trading after making a loss for several years. A third trader remained and is running a successful QL/retro business. Over a 2 year period he also provided Quanta with a quarter of its income by trading on their behalf. How has he achieved this?

3: Quanta's recent survey was publicised by Quanta itself; on this list; in the news columns of QL Today; and to all people on Rich's list. Which of these four would provide the largest potential number of respondents?

Maybe we in the organised group need a Galileo moment,

Best Wishes,

Geoff