Hi Miguel,

> The monitor used was a PS/1 VGA one, and I did take a photo (phone
> camera) of the thing connected to a standard QL running in MODE 4.
> This is what I saw:
>
> http://www.atc.us.es/~rodriguj/ql_composite_to_vga.jpg

Thank you. It seems that part of the screen is cut off :-(

Also the picture seems noisy. By the way, that's why Thierry's statement
"8 colours need no A/D neither D/A" should not be taken literally. Even if
the digital resolution is only 1 bit, you still have conversion from/to
analogue signals, and this requires exact thresholds, levels and very low
noise. I remember a tinkerer who built an Atari monochrome graphics card
and forgot this - his first PCB was in vain although the digital part was
fine.)

All the best
Peter