Hi Davide,

as far as I am aware, the EPL-7100 and EPL-8100 were the last models which supported full ESC/P compatibility. Later models (all ending in x200 or higher) had a more limited set, or no compatibility at all. I remember that one of my German customers (was it Ralf Reköndt?? - Ralf reads here so he will know) had one of the more recent models and we wrote about it several times ... I do not remember if he was happy at all with the printer.

I looked at laser printers some years ago and discovered that some Brother Lasers supported EPSON ESC/P and were REALLY cheap too!
Maybe that would be an option for your friend to look at?

Cheers   Jochen

Davide Santachiara wrote:
I was asked by a friend whether the Epson EPL-6200 laser printer (which
shall support fx codes) is compatible with QL systems and software. I have a
very old EPL-5200 which was compatible but I do not have any idea about this
EPL-6200. I found in old emails some references to this printer as a
possible choice but either they referred to the usage with Proforma or they
did not give a real answer.

Anybody has experience on this?

Thank you

Davide

Jochen Merz Software - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Str. 302 - D-47169 Duisburg
   Tel. +49-(0)203-502011      Fax +49-(0)203-502012
   Email: s...@j-m-s.com       Homepage: http://SMSQ.J-M-S.COM