Anyone know if Q-emuLator can print to a printer on a USB port? As far

See the manual (chapter 6, I think), but this is the gist of it:
1) Prerequisite is to have the printer installed under Windows
2) In the QL Configuration window, make sure the serial port you'll use is redirected to the printer (it is by default for SER1 and SER2) 3) In the QL software, print to the SER port. If the QL software allows you to choose a printer, choose an old Epson model.

An easy test is:
OPEN#3,SER:PRINT#3,"HELLO":CLOSE#3

This should print "HELLO" to your PC printer (USB or otherwise)

As you say, the other way is to use the parallel port.

Daniele
I had seen the bit about the serial port printing on page 19 and hadn't realised it would work for USB printers too. For some reason, I had assumed it would only work with parallel (LPT) printer ports: i.e. divert ser1 etc to parallel port as I hadn't noticed any mention of USB and not made the connection, so to speak.

Nice simple solution for the users!

Many thanks Daniele.