On 30/01/2011 09:29, gdgqler wrote:
On 29 Jan 2011, at 20:24, Geoff Wicks wrote:

Can a person who has been appointed treasurer of Quanta in a breach of the
constitution - a legally binding document - legally sign cheques under British
law?
If the bank accepts the signature it doesn't matter whether it is legally
binding or not.

Many years ago Standard Life and Scottish Widows jointly owned a computer.
Every year an AGM was held. There were just three people there and I was one.
There were supposed to be directors and shareholders. The Scottish Widows
representative was a stickler for accuracy and protocol. He was filled to the
brim with chagrin when, one year, it was pointed out that all the meetings to
date were invalid because of some legal technicality such as shareholders not
being present or having sent  proxies.

The moral is that the legal situation does not matter at all unless someone
complains.

George

I like the story - however, why would a jointly owned computer need an AGM ??

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk