On 22/08/2011 20:16, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
I am having some problems getting QL2K build 101 to work on Windows 7 64 bit. I installed the full build, then added the update files for each version until the most recent.

I have installed the 64-bit Windows version QL2K-x64.exe and when I try to run this I get a brief flash of the round egg-timer icon then nothing, no error, no nothing. It just fails to start.

I can of course get the 32-bit version to work on Windows XP OK. I also got QPC2 and Q-emuLator working OK on both systems of course.

Anyone with any experience of installing the 64-bit version with any handy hints and tips for the installation?

Dilwyn Jones (breaking [in] a Windows 7 64 bit PC)
Hi Dilwyn,

Just a thought, but where is it installed?
It should be in c\Program Files (x86)\q-emulator
c\Program Files is for 64 bit executables.
Err, it's the QL2K-x64.exe in a folder called Jadiam.org\QL2K
It was in c:\program files(x86)\jadiam.org\QL2K but I have tried it in both.

Neither 32 bit nor 64 bit versions will start from either folder.

Dilwyn Jones

I forgot to mention: I ran the Win7 compatibility troubleshooter and it says that (1) it is an unsafe program from another computer (actually, it was downloaded fresh from Jimmy Montesinos site) and (b) that it needed to be run in Administrator mode. I can get it to start by using Run As Administrator for the 64 bit version, and the 32-bit version will run in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode, but the 32 bit version fails to find the ROMs even though the default settings point to the correct folder for those. I have identical jadiam.org\ql2k folders in both Program Files folders, the only difference between them being which ql2k-xNN.exe I use.

Time to give up for tonight and start afresh tomorrow.