----- Wolfgang Lenerz <w...@wlenerz.com> wrote:
> On 19/09/2013 15:16, Ian Pine wrote:
> > My final (for the foreseeable future) QL Today arrived this morning.
> > I'm exploring the DVD. I've got both QPC2 and SMSQmlator (Java7 on Vista)
> > running. SMSQmulator runs fine directly from the DVD but not much use with
> > read-only filesystem. I copied all the files from DVD to a folder and ran
> > it from there but keep getting this message: Can't read SMSQ/E file! :
> > java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another
> > process has locked a portion of the file.
> >

> I haven't tried this yet, sorry.
> Off the top of my head, make sure the file can actually be written to -
> often files copied from a DVD stay read only.
>
> HTH
> Wolfgang

I checked the permissions for the files - full control for the user for all
files.

I tried the following: Launched SMSQmulator from DVD. Changed Config, adding a
path for WIN3 to point to my folder and a non-existent .win file (new.win). I
was able to use FORMAT command to create new.win and save a program to it.
I edited my copy of SMSQmulator.ini, replacing the WIN1 path with
C:\Users\ilp\SMSQmulator\new.win, then launched SMSQMulator from the copy in
that folder. I now get the following message: "Your SMSQE file is too old,
please upgrade to the one that came with this version of SMSQmulator".  Is it
just me? ;o)

Ian.