Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I got asked the following question by a user in Italy – does anyone know the
> answer?
>
> Dilwyn Jones

> my printer epl 6200 (advanced) is practically out of service (after 12 years).
>
> for the new printer I am evaluating a s SAMSUNG printer series C
> 410 B/W.laser type,scanner and fax included,Samsung Universal
>
> Printer Driver 2 PLC6.
>
> Before buying, THE VENDOR has accepted to verify the compatibility
> of Samsung printer with QPC/QPCprint installed in my computer
>
> (Window 7) now working correctly with EPL 6200.
>
> For preparing the Emulator in view of the compatibility test ,I
> think that  I should use INSTALL_BAS .
>
> HOWEVER,the list of printers in it does not include any model of
> PRInters even by far similar to SAMSUNG:
>
> my question is: what kind of selection should I do and which are the
> fundamental instructions to include beside the choice of
> PARALLEL PORT ?

This is all very confusing. If he already uses QPCPrint, then nothing
needs to be changed. But he says he is using PCL6, which is not
supported by QPCPrint, so he obviously doesn't use it...

QPCPrint emulates ESC/P2, so any printer with that needs to be
selected. QPCPrint needs to be installed in the QPC directory and "Use
printer filter" needs to be selected in the SER/PAR dialog for the
port he intends to use (PAR1 usually). That's it.

Marcel