Am 17.04.2014 um 17:58 schrieb Geoff Wicks <gtwi...@btinternet.com>:

> On 17/04/2014 10:51, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I got asked the following question by a user in Italy – does anyone know the
>> answer?
>>
>> Dilwyn Jones

>> my printer epl 6200 (advanced) is practically out of service (after 12
>> years).
>>
>> for the new printer I am evaluating a s SAMSUNG printer series C 410
>> B/W.laser type,scanner and fax included,Samsung Universal
>>
>> Printer Driver 2 PLC6.
>>
>> Before buying, THE VENDOR has accepted to verify the compatibility of
>> Samsung printer with QPC/QPCprint installed in my computer
>>
>> (Window 7) now working correctly with EPL 6200.
>>
>> For preparing the Emulator in view of the compatibility test ,I think that
>> I should use INSTALL_BAS .
>>
>> HOWEVER,the list of printers in it does not include any model of PRInters
>> even by far similar to SAMSUNG:
>>
>> my question is: what kind of selection should I do and which are the
>> fundamental instructions to include beside the choice of
>>
>> PARALLEL PORT ?
> I have a very old Samsung laser - about 14 years old - will have to be
> pensioned off when the present toner cartridge is empty. Not 100% compatible
> with XP, but no serious problems with Windows 8 using Samsung Universal
> Driver 2. This is in spite of having to use a parallel to USB cable.
>
> I have no problems with QPC and QPCprint. The settings I use are Par4 with
> the "printer" option ticked and "use filter" ticked,
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Geoff

Using QPCPrint, it’s basically enough to prove the printer works in Windows -
QPCPrint, if configured correctly, should work with any printer that’s
supported by Windows and present it to the emulated QL as an Epson compatible.
If QPC2 and the printer worked together before the printer change they should
continue to do so after that without any change „inside“ the emulated QL.

I’ve changed my printer several times since I have QPCPrint (now have a Samsung
CLX 3300) and never had to change anything inside QPC2

Regards,
Tobias