Hi,

Is it possibile to extend the 128 byte QL keyboard buffer.

Hi, no once allocated, I don't think you can extend it.

Was TYPE_IN an a attempt to do this?
I don't know, wasn't it just a keyword to type things into the keyboard queue of job 0?

Regards

Wolfgang

RegardsDerek
-------- Original message --------From: Wolfgang Lenerz via Ql-Users
<ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> Date: 30/09/2017  12:38  (GMT+00:00) To:
ql-us...@q-v-d.com Cc: Wolfgang Lenerz <w...@wlenerz.com> Subject: Re: [Ql-Users]
TYPE_IN
Hi,

I have a slight problem with TYPE_IN

Using it to put some commands in #0, works well in an instance until I
reach what appears to be a maximum set of characters, where the QL just
hangs.

e.g.

1920  TYPE_IN An&":"&CHR$(10)
1930  TYPE_IN (An+1)&Top$&CHR$(10)
1932  TYPE_IN (An+2)&Final$&CHR$(10)
1940  TYPE_IN (An+3)&Top$&CHR$(10)

An is an integer
Final$ is just text
Top$ is a string of asterisks

it locks up displaying halfway through 1940

Is there a buffer I can clear after using TYPE_IN?

How long i the string in line 194?

IIRC, the Ql's keyboard buffer is 128 bytes long... You cannot increase
this, AFAIK.

I don't think you can clear this.
Perhaps a pause after the earlier TYPE_In instructions will leave the
system time to clear it.

HTH

Wolfgang