Lee,

are you running on SMSQ/E? Are you maybe running PE with PE_BGOFF?

That will not allow your background program to run when it has (even partially)
obstructed windows. So, if you "TYPE_IN" something into an obstructed S*Basic
window, the job owning that window will not be able to digest your input,
leading to such buffer overflows.

Try PE_BGON to activate background window processing.

Tobias

> Am 30.09.2017 um 15:43 schrieb Lee Privett via Ql-Users
> <ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com>:
>
> Yes the string is about 60 characters long which is probably why it fails
> on the third TYPE_IN
>
> tried using Pause to no effect :(
>
> Lee

> Virus-free.
> <#m_2324895060461743699_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> Lee
>

> On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Wolfgang Lenerz via Ql-Users <
> ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a slight problem with TYPE_IN
>>>
>>> Using it to put some commands in #0, works well in an instance until I
>>> reach what appears to be a maximum set of characters, where the QL just
>>> hangs.
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> 1920  TYPE_IN An&":"&CHR$(10)
>>> 1930  TYPE_IN (An+1)&Top$&CHR$(10)
>>> 1932  TYPE_IN (An+2)&Final$&CHR$(10)