On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 17:49, Brian Kemmett via Ql-Users <
ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang.. Just downloaded and installed the latest SMSQE... A
> question.. When I ask the version (Ver$(1)) it prints "3.34" and not
> "3.35", even though the download file is named smsqe/335/SMSQE.bin.zip.

Interestingly, on QPC2 it reports 3.34 although the SMSQE.bin file is
slightly (20 bytes) larger. But the Q68 version reports 3.35.

Speaking of the Q68, it appears that the SER_xxxx commands like SER_BUFF
etc. still don't work. I discovered some months ago that this is caused by
an incorrectly named Thing ('ser_prt' while the SBASIC commands search for
'ser_par_prt'). I'm not sure whether I've reported it here (I did so in the
QL forum but Wolfgang doesn't read that). So far I haven't been able to fix
this myself as SMSQMake stops with an 'invalid name' error at line 11330
when I try to build it.

Another issue I've run into is the TCP device which, unlike UQLX, doesn't
report EOF when the other end has closed the connection, you'll just keep
waiting forever for input. (Yes, I've been doing a few networking
experiments lately, you'll see the results soon :-) ).

Well so far for the bug reports, thank you Wolfgang for keeping SMSQ/E
alive!

--
*Jan Bredenbeek* | Hilversum, NL | j...@bredenbeek.net