In article <003f01c08634$bebaabe0$cd075cc3@default>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Marcel Kilgus wrote:
>>I've to admit the naming scheme is a bit difficult ;-) This is mainly
>>because I didn't know whether I'd make a QPC1 Version 2, which I
>>finally won't do. I think the mistake was to call the Windows version
>>QPC2.
>
>As I decided to keep an original QPC2 on my machine until QPC2v2
>settled down, I grew tired of self-confusion by starting the wrong
>QPC2 icon, so I renamed the desktop icon to QPC3. Which now that
>Marcel has decided not to do a QPC1 'colour drivers' version, seems
>with hindsight that QPC3 would perhaps have been the best name?

The saga goes on ... :-) ... with QPC3, not a bad title.

Yet simply calling it QPC was enough, with a DOS option, then a Windows
option as well.  The version numbers would then be the logical updates
as more work done and more features introduced.

So I would have QPC version 3, rather than QPC3.  As eventually you
could get to an increasing high number ...

--
Malcolm Cadman