Hi Ian,

>By the way, I believe there is a disk size limitation of 4Gb.  If this
>is true, is it a partition limit or disk limit, and is it the operating
>system, or Q40 hardware that imposes it?

The Q40 / Q60 hardware has no such size limit. I happily use a 40 GB harddisk.

You can use the latest "atari-fdisk" under Q40-Linux to partition drives
larger than 4GB. You don't need to install Q40-Linux to do that, you can
just start Q40-Linux from ramdisk.

Although SMSQ/E partitions can exist on drives larger than 4 GB, they
should be located in the lower 4 GB. A limitation with no practical
disadvantage ;-)

The rest can be used under Q40-Linux.

All the best

Peter