On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:09:41PM +0200, Peter Graf wrote:
> Ian wrote:
>
> >It would be good to have Pine & Lynx running in SMSQ.  What is the
> >current status of TCP/IP and PPP project, and will most NE2000 ISA
> >cards work in a Q40?
>
> NE2000 ethernet cards for the Q40 and Q60 should have configuration jumpers
> for IRQ and address. It doesn't matter if the card has Plug&Play support in
> addition to the jumpers. Jumperless cards are not yet supported by Q40 Linux.

they are supported - at least in theory. Both isa-pnp-utils for 2.2 kernels
and isa-pnp module for 2.4 kernels are available from me. It was never tested
so expect all kinds of interesting things to happen - not to mention setting
a few jumpers is usually much easier than reading 3/4 ton of documentation.
Otoh if someone has a card that requiers isa-pnp I would be glad if the
stuff gets tested.

> Lynx working under both QDOS Classic and SMSQ/E on the Q40 and Q60.

and including full TCP/IP in UQLX

Bye
Richard