If the same routine are used it's normal that Turbo add a small overhead (I
think) : in this case it only adds more call

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Marcel Kilgus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : vendredi 29 juin 2001 17:32
À : ql-users
Objet : Re: TURBO and SMSQ/E (was: Re: [ql-users] New QPC2 release)

Phoebus Dokos wrote:

> Anyways when I updated that little program once more and removed SQRT(f),
> replaced it with COS(f), SIN(f), ATAN(f)
> and surprise, surprise:
> With the FOR loop ranging from 1 to 100000
> and PRINT COS(f), ATAN (f), SIN(f)

> SBASIC reported 3 mins 36 secs and TURBO 3 mins 48!....

Most time is spent in the Maths and PRINT routine, which are the same
for both SBASIC and TURBO, therefore it's not amazing that the two
values lie relatively tight together.

Why SBASIC is faster? I don't know, but SBASIC surely has some
advantages over Turbo because it can call OS routines like the
floating point stuff directly instead of going through a vectored
jump with all its overhead.

Marcel