On  Fri, 22 Feb 2002 at 17:40:18, you wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>>>Definitely not! In the eighties I tried to get a bed on the express between
>>>Paris and London. After half an hour of charades with the sleeper attendant
>>>I had to give up. It turned out that the magic word was 'couchette'. Like
>>>Doctor Foster, I 'never went there again'. ;((
>>>I used to enjoy the ZX-fairs in London, though. Those were heady days!
>>>Per
>>

>>With Eurostar I managed to travel to QL2000 from Paris and return in 1
>>day. No need for couchette.
>
>You mean 1 day your total trip in France and the Tunnel because from
>what I hear the TGV drops to 5 km/h (well okay I exaggerate a tad!)
>after it surfaces in Britain ;-) hehe
Eurostar is not TGV  ...and the new fast line from Folkestone to London
will save all of 15 minutes!
.... but I have travelled maybe 30 times on Eurostar and as many on TGV
with no hassle.
The Eurostar Paris/London trip (town centre to town centre) is quicker,
cheaper, safer and much quieter than by plane.

Don't believe what you read in the papers.
--
Tony Firshman