>>> You mean 1 day your total trip in France and the Tunnel because
from
>>> what I hear the TGV drops to 5 km/h (well okay I exaggerate a
tad!)
>>> after it surfaces in Britain
>>yes, and that only if everybody goes and and pushes...
>
>Hehe that's what I've been told too ;-) (Despite what Tony says
;-))))

>Can't be all that bad though at least the trains keep on going.... It
could
>be worse :-)
Don't know though...ask Jochen Merz about the time he went on it and a
door fell off...though Jochen does tend to have these little
accidents, BTW Jochen the Portslade Quanta workshop is coming up soon,
mind the steps...;-))

>(Example of worse: Having the Acela TGV in the US.
>You get the world's best train technology and you turn it into an
expensive
>commuter train
>that breaks down most of the time!)

I used to work for Snowdon Mountain Railway. The company that made
their disastrous Mountain Railcar unit went bust, many of the
employees now produce sprinter type trains made (I think) by a company
called Alstom. Some of their new trains are out of action more than in
action on the lines near here, seems anytime you put a computer near a
train it's a recipe for disaster.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]