On  Mon, 22 Apr 2002 at 15:39:51, Dave wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to promote a discussion about the features of a QL-based email
>program. I don't want to discuss standard features just yet, but those
>exotic features that will really help us.
>
>For example, I've recently learned of the difficulty of moving files
>between machines. Headers are a wonderful thing. Would you prefer to have
>zip file attachments that are MIME encoded, or a proprietary attachment
>system that will allow you to transfer files with header info? (I would
>open up the source of this to anyone wanting to write an FTP client too)
Headers are only a problem with EXECable files of course.
>What kind of features not already in common use would give a QL email
>client higher utility value?
Being able to write a control file that would handle, say , the QL
emailshot list.  I have all the data in my database files, and although
emailing via my Windows machine is straightforward, it would be
psychologically nicer to send the emailshot from a QL.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
  tony@<surname>,demon.co.uk  http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk