In message <001301c28df4$33d61540$65fe7ad5@famwaugh>, Bill Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Hi all
I would appreciate some help ( with out starting a QPC/Qxx discuss )

Having sold my Q40 to help fund a Q60 I now have thoughts about QPC.
I know the arguments for and against both and I have QPC2 v3 demo.
The unknown ( to me ) factor is speed, sure the Q60/80 is advertised as
160 bogomips but I would be purchasing a Q60/60.
So would some kind soul's furnish me with the following if possible

1. speed of Q60/60 in bogomips
2. speed of QPC2 v3 on a 1.8 gh celeron based PC in bogomips

I'm quite aware that benchmarks are not the be all and end all, but they
are a factor to consider along with others, I have spare cash at the
moment to purchase a Q60 but it could be used on other projects, oooh
decisions decisions.
One other point not mentioned by the other two replies was the parallel port speed. I found the original Q 40 that we used to sell intolerably slow at printing. The first page would print OK but, if you went for multiple pages it began to get slower and slower.

I believe this was to do with way that the port was implemented. It may have been fixed or changed completely in the new ones - no one has ever mentioned it as far as I can remember.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK