In a message dated 27/11/02 14:34:17 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<Absurdly complicated stuff about W DEFs snipped ;-) >

>A better way would be a menu designer for QPTR, of course...
>Would also make it easier for Assembler programmers
>
>(...)
>> * I hope all this makes sense ;)
>
>It does to me.

Well THERE'S GOT TO BE an easier way... ie an easier Interface for PE programs....

Right now the whole process looks so much like Visual Basic Window Definitions it's not
even funny. I think the problem lies in trying to make a procedural language (SBasic) to
work like a oO one.....

I looked into Jerôme's C68 PE articles and I got SCARED! Timothy Swenson's article on
the same thing made the whole lot look a lot more easier but that didn't change the fact
that the whole process is complicated in itself!

In any way, I was thinking about what Wolfgang said too.
A QPTR menu designer along the lines of EasyPTR would be great (It would be greater if
it were free too :-). What would be even better is to create a good all-round IDE w/GUI
designer that would remove all the menial work from the programmer completely. Yes
like EasyPTR but adding up something like the Linker, a Basic compiler (Turbo seems
great for the job ;-) a tool like MasterBasic an editor and a debugger all rolled into one.
Hmm I'll look into it when I get some more time in my hands (after finals in two weeks).

Why don't you have a look at TurboPTR? I find that the easiest way to atttack PE.

George

PS TurboPTR is on the SQLUG website.