Phoebus Dokos wrote:

Hi,
I just installed Q40 Linux (not just a dummy version based on the ram image which worked pretty well btw) on my Q40 and after the installation completes succesfully, upon restarting I am getting a enter runlevel prompt and whatever I enter Linux hangs there with a No more things to do in theis Runlevel (or something like that anyway)....
Any ideas?
Try going to runlevel 1 and seeing what's in /etc/rc.d/rc[0123456].d

Also, can you supply a specific startup for init? In which case try:

init=/bin/sh

(if going to runlevel 1 doesn't help) to look at /etc/rc.d/rc[0-6].d
[I don't know the Q40 boot loader...lilo on my AMD allows for boot options like this]