Bill wrote:

[snip]

I don't have a problem with the current way SMSQ/E is managed and I know the
people involved work hard with little monetary reward. I think an open source
model would work better but that is just my opinion. Open source is not against
there being proprietary software for sale. It is more about a way to have an
alternative so we have a choice and the knowledge can be shared and grow just
like languages always have.

Regarding SMSQ/E I did not see things quite as relaxed as you, because I'm much more personally involved, but this was a very nice posting about open source, thanks, and 99% agreed :-)

I also think Marcel and Wolfgang work hard. Wolfgang does it without financial reward, a fact that has my full respect and appreciation. I hope that those Q40/Q60 developers who, unlike me, see enough reason to follow Marcel's SMSQ/E route, will continue to see some progress and have fun!!!

I'm off the list, all the best
Peter

  • ... Peter Graf
    • ... wlenerz