Hi all,

I have a wee problem with Menu_rext, the ubiquitous menu toolkit from Jochen
Merz Software. I need to find out whether the problem Im experiencing  is
confined only to my systems or whether there is a bug in menu_rext. Could as
many as possible of you please perform the following test: This applies to
any system (please specify in your feedback) with PE and menu_rext loaded.
Also your system should support "hard" directories and have at least two
drives or devices available.

Save and secure any valuable data in memory first!
In SuperBasic or an SBASIC instance type

    OUTLN
    PRINT DIR_SELECT$

(If youre not using SMSQ/E you may need to use a different keyword for
Outline, eg OUTL in EasyPtr)

Say you have two drives, win1 and win2_. Select a directory that exists on
one drive, such as win1_prg_, that does not exist on the other.

Now click on 2, so the directory selector shows win2_prg_ (which mustnt
exist)

If your computer crashes, or you see garbage in the directory window, or,
checking the Qpac2 Jobs menu, you see "memory corrupted" the test is
complete. If not, try some other directories, eg

dos1_windows_ then click WIN to get win1_windows_

If everything is still ok, please let me know too.

Thanks for your help!

Per