In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I think if QLiberator and Text87 were achievable, I suspect Roy Wood
and/or Jochen Merz would have secured them by now.
This is indeed true. I approached Fred Toussi a while ago about doing an upgrade to Text 87 and suggested that he could produce a new version using the new colours and adding simple stuff like access to pointer driven menus for file selection (via Menu_rext). He was not keen. I suggested he gave us the sources and we could get someone to do it but he regarded his sources as being secret and had plans of releasing a version for other platforms. In the end, after a lot of pushing from me and then a lot more from Marcel we got enough for the Text 87 patch to be written.

Qliberator was another story but Ian Stewart, who was my only contact, had only a small part in writing it. The other author, whose name escapes me, had long since disappeared and the sources were not available. I have now no contact for Ian so when the last few copies I have are exhausted I cannot sell it. I have not sold a copy for some time so I am not too worried but I would have liked to get it updated.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.

          • ... Jeremy Taffel
          • ... gwicks
          • ... Wolfgang Uhlig
          • ... Lau