Hi John,

I doubt it. That feature caused a bit of a headache in QLGT. And I would
like to avoid that in QMS. In general that list widget is quite slow for
a large number of entries. The fun part about tracks is that you can
present them in all kinds of views. And the user expects to see the
actions everywhere. Thus if you select a range in a track on the map,
you want to see that range in the on-screen profile, as well as in the
graphs of the track detail dialog - and if that list widget does what
you want - all points in the range should be selected. For a large
amount of data that gets really slow.

Second, selecting points in the list is different from all other views.
If you select a range right now to hide points you expect the corner
points to be still visible after you hide the points. In the list you
expect them to be hidden. Also in the list you can select several points
that are not in a continuous range. This is very complicated to
represent in all other views.

I started once to implement that feature and had to face increasing
complexity and problems with every line of code. I gave up as it's not
really important to me. As said I do not miss it in QMS as there are
enough tools to get rid of bad points. So it's not worth the trouble.
And when I started with QMS I made a list of errors I will not make
again. One of them is implementing features I personally do not need.

Oliver