I fixed the initial issue by adding a combo box to select a view as DEM
source. See:

[Issue #324] FilterReplaceElevation: no indication which view is used as
source for DEM data

I also experimented with the idea of having a list of quick filters as a tool
button in the screen option. This did not turn out well. Only filters with no
input really make sense. And some of those with inputs you can use the last
setup. With others even this does not make sense. And the resulting code was
really ugly. At least if the goal is to duplicate as less code as possible.
Anyway I dumped that idea.

Oliver