On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:34:27PM -0700, Robert Spraggs wrote:
> I know. I had a misconfiguration problem earlier, and I am trying to
> rectify the situation. I was wondering if it was possible to setup the
> qmail so I do not have this problem in the future. I figure that if I
> disable that feature in the qmail, then I should knock out about 99% of the
> possible ways that a spammer could use my system as a relay again.

The only way qmail relays a message is if RELAYCLIENT is (explicitly) set, or
if the RCPT domain is in rcpthosts.  That is the ONLY way qmail will relay a
message.  There are no vulnerabilities in qmail which allow spammers to relay
messages through your server if it is configured properly.  If you want to be
removed from ORBS/RSS then you should inform them that your servers have been
secured.

I have been running qmail for years along with many other people on this list
and I have never had trouble with ORBS or RSS.

--Adam