Quoting Robert Spraggs ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> But why does qmail allow for this type of address to be accepted as ok?
>
> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[199.175.103.1]>
>
> What normal use would there be for such a message construct?

Back in the day with sendmaul, this would send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] via 199.175.103.1.  Nowadays, I'd say use is pretty
much restricted to spammers who try to get around anti-relay
configurations, and who are often successful due to MTA bugs and
admin-induced holes, hence the need to test servers for such flaws.

qmail will bounce the mail after it fails to find a local user named
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  qmail accepts all local deliveries unless not
allowed by badmailfrom or similiar.  Like Adam said, it's nothing for
you to worry about, since the relay tester will never get a reply
back.

Aaron