[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 17 August 2000 at 11:32:00 -0700

 > I can't see much harm in being able to define the queuelifetime on
 > an individual submission - perhaps limited to between 0 and some
 > multiple of control/queuelifetime.

The harm is in the increased complexity of the queue itself, and in
the programs that manage and access it.  Increased complexity costs in
reliability, security, and resources consumed.

I do agree that that feature has some benefit.  I'm doubtful it's
worth the cost, but I have little idea what the cost would *actually*
be.  Remember that there'd have to be some way to get the information
passed to the queueing engine, too.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b