Hello James

On 15-Jan-01, you wrote:

> Perhaps, but there's more scope for confusion. The INSTALL* docs in the
> qmail tarball and LWQ do not describe the same installation process. You
> will have a different setup depending on which you follow so switching
> between them is likely to cause much hassle. I'd suggest using LWQ - the
> qmail INSTALL docs were written before the latest features of
> daemontools existed.

O.K. - I'll consider it. LikeI said, I'm trying to learn it as opposed to
getting it up and running ASAP.
I have noticed stuff like Dan says mkdir /supervise whereas LWQ has
references to /var/qmail/supervise. Still I'd like to follow Dan's
methodology.

Something about Maildir.

I edited /var/qmail/rc and replaced   ./Mailbox with ./Maildir/   but when I
create new usrs, Maildir isn't created in their /home

I have had to log in as them on a different console

cd  /var/qmail/bin
maildirmake $HOME/Maildir
echo ./Maildir/ > ~/.qmail

This then creates the .qmail and Maildir in their /home.

Why isn't the skel working ?  Obviously I'm missing something.

Anyone have any opinions on which checkpassword is best for APOP ?

Regards...Martin
<sb>

A cat is, above all things, an ingredient of Chop Suey.