Martin Randall wrote:
> maildirmake /etc/skel/Maildir (even from within /cvar/qmail/bin) failed
and
> in the end I had to cd /etc/skel and do   /var/qmail/bin/maildirmake
> Maildir
>
> Have yet to look into that.
>
> I take it a .qmail file is also required in /etc/skel.

Not really.  If all of your users require the same delivery instructions,
then those instructions should be part of qmail-start's "defaultdelivery"
argument, presumably in the /var/qmail/rc script.  A user needs a ".qmail"
file when that user desires a delivery method that is not the default.

> What perms are these files in /etc/skel supposed to be ?

700 permissions for all relevant directories (Maildir, Maildir/cur,
Maildir/new, Maildir/tmp) is ideal.  qmail will allow for a wide variety of
permissions on the Maildir, but nobody else should be reading a user's email
anyway.

> 3PO!  You tell that worm ridden piece of filth he'll get no such pleasure
> from us!  ......  Right...?
>  -- Skywalker (Star Wars)

Han Solo said that, actually.

---Kris Kelley