Frank Tegtmeyer wrote:

> Stephen Bosch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > qmail-send/log: unable to open supervise/ok: file does not exist
>
> There is no need for qmail-send/log. qmail-send starts up the logger
> by itself as given on it's command line. See /var/qmail/rc.
>
> Seems that you simply messed up the logging. What do you have in
> /var/qmail/rc, and in the run file for qmail-smtpd/log?

Okay, here is what I have in /var/qmail/rc:

#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using procmail to deliver messages to /var/spool/mail/$USER by
default.

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start '|preline procmail' splogger qmail

The run file for qmail-smtpd/log contains:

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
        -u $QMAILDUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
2>&1

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Stephen