Stephen Bosch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>So, is Charles right?

He knows a thing or two about qmail...

>Does this indicate somebody is reattempting delivery?

Looks like it to me.

>> No "supervise" directory... Further evidence that supervise isn't
>> running.
>
>*rattles head*
>
>So... okay... where is supervise invoked again? I need to eat
>something...

In all versions of LWQ, supervise is started by svscan. In older
versions, svscan was run from the "qmail" script on
/var/qmail/supervise. In the current LWQ, it's run at boot by init or
rc.local on /service.

If the top level service directory has the sticky bit set--which
you've verified--svscan will also start a supervise for the service's
log/run script.

You might try doing:

  qmail stop
  cd /var/qmail/supervise
  env - PATH="$PATH" svscan &

To see if svscan is giving any errors.

You could also insert strace/truss/trace/par--whatever your system
call tracing utility is called--into the svscan invocation in the
qmail script, e.g.:

  env - PATH="$PATH" strace -o /var/log/svscan.log svscan &

But making sense of the output might not be easy.

>Your suggestion to migrate to the new LWQ setup is looking more
>appealing by the minute.

I don't remember suggesting that, but it's not a bad idea.

-Dave