Hello,

I am not sure how easy or hard this would be, but I
was thinking that a good feature would be to set a
domain quota (or have it set automatically whenever a
pop box is added or deleted), and then let the mail
administrator decided how to allocate the mailbox
space.

For example, let's say when you compile Qmailadmin,
you specify 25MB as the default mailbox size.  The you
add a quota of 10POP boxes, so qmailadmin will
automaically set a domain quota of 250MB, with each
box having 25MB allocated to it.

Now, the mail administrator decides that since Betty
in accounting downloads her emails every 10mins, and
hardly ever has any extremely large messages, she can
get away with a quota of 5MB.  SO, that extra 20MB can
now be allocated to, say, Jeff in graphics design, who
receives large files on a regular basis.

That's just an example.  I know the tools are there
(i.e., Vpopmail), but I guess the hard par would be
writing the code to do the checks, etc.

The idea behind this would be that the mail
administrator would not be able to allocate more space
than he has available, though I am not sure how easy
that would be.  But since Qmailadmin can stop the
administrator from setting up more POP boxes than they
have a quota for, it shouldn't be too hard, I imagine
(relatively speaking, of course!)

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Comments?

Alan Murrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>