At 25/07/03 25/07/03 -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
On Friday 25 July 2003 03:32, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> Actually we may chose if use alias (Maildir) or forward (address style).

Why? Forward offers exactly the same functionality as an Alias, but without
the "bugs" and gotchas.

They both exist now, so we may chose which one to use, and, if we may chose, where is the problem?

If I want alias, I use alias, if I want forwards, I use forwards, by qmailadmin.

If I don't want my customers using aliases, I put
        maxaliases 0
in their .qmailadmin-limits

> What I'm reading means we'll have no choice anymore?

You could still create .qmail files by hand if you really want aliases, but
I don't know why you would want to do that...

Writing directly in Maildir is faster, and avoid the possibility to make some default processing you may have in the "main" mailbox. If you use always forwards, you cannot avoid those eventual custom processing.

I give my customers qmailadmin, I don't give them command line, so they cannot create .qmail files by hand.

Now they can chose, in future they cannot, according to what's going on.

Tonino

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      [EMAIL PROTECTED]