On Jan 29, 2004, at 12:47 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I get an error when making 1.2.0 stable:
make
cd . && \
  /bin/sh /usr/src/mail/qmailadmin-1.2.0/missing --run automake --gnu
Makefile
aclocal.m4: 95: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use `AC_PROG_INSTALL'
aclocal.m4: 96: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use `AC_PROG_INSTALL'
aclocal.m4: 415: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use `AC_PROG_INSTALL'
configure.in: 834: required file `./_AM_File,.in' not found
configure.in: 834: required file `./[$2],.in' not found
configure.in: 834: required file `./[$3])].in' not found
make: *** [Makefile.in] Fout 1

Apparently something my make uses (OS=Debian, testing) a newer version of
something (i looked for the package aclocal was in and that is:
libguile-dev, 1.4-25).

Any advice on how to continue? (i didn't have this problem with any of the
earlier rc releases).

This libtool stuff is making me crazy. I'm going to find a libtool expert on SourceForge and have them overhaul the files in vpopmail and qmailadmin.

Try this. Start with a fresh copy of qmailadmin 1.2.0, go into the directory and run `touch *`. Then do you configure and make as usual.

Please let me know if this works, and I'll do the same in the distribution archive. In most instances, the dates on the files should be correct and not require additional tweaking. I just did a check, and it looks like the dat on Makefile.in was incorrect, so it might just be a matter of `touch Makefile.in`.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Info on the Sniffter handheld Network Tester: http://sniffter.com/